Friday, May 1, 2009

lost and found

on Friday of last week - April 24th, my father decided to bring us to SM Marikina to buy my son some sando and pjs. It all went as planned, we first bought baby clothes and then went down to the supermarket to buy some grocery items. Prior to going to the grocery we passed by the kids shoes section where i saw a pair of rubber shoes that i wanted to buy for Nathan. While I was about to put it on him, he kicked it and was about to cry, perhaps to indicate that he doesnt like it. So to prevent him from wailing, we went ahead and proceeded to the first floor to the grocery section.

When we got home and started sorting out the items we bought, we realized that we dont have the plastic bag that contains the things we bought for my son. We thought we forgot to retrieve it from the car and since my husband went to the hospital to visit his father, i just sent him an sms to inquire whether we left it in the car. Much to my dismay, my husband later on confirmed that it was not there. Ergo, we lost it at the mall. When i tried to recall the days event, I realized we left it at the seat at the kids shoes section.

I told my dad about it the next day since he was the one who bought it for my son. He just then instructed us to go back for it the next day. He said we just ought to pray so that we can find it. Unfortunately, we didnt get to go back to the mall the next few days due to other things. So I was thinking it's probably lost for good.

Yesterday, we went to the same mall to do our bi-monthly grocery shopping. But since i was the one who lost the items we bought the week before, we first went to the kids clothes section so i could buy the same items. I purchased the same items plus 4pcs of underwear for the little man. After paying for the items at the counter, i saw a supervisor. I then told him about what happened last week and told him that that the receipt has my name on it, since they swiped my SM Advantage card. He then offered to help us out and look it up. After 10 minutes, he went back together with the lost items. He just asked us to sign something to acknowledge receipt of the retrieved items.

I was so happy and grateful to God! To ever consider it forever lost is very stupid of me. If God brought my trainee's father back from being in a coma for more or less 2 months, how much more about giving us back what we lost??

God is truly wonderful and awesome!

No comments: