Sunday, February 8, 2009

God’s Provision

Philippians 4:19 (King James Version)
19But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

We only have P1500 for the rest of the week, add to that the $20 that was sent to me by my aunt in the US. God blessed us over the weekend and provided us with P1000 for market money and P800 for groceries. The P1500 and the $20 were also blessings given to us over the weekend. Our budget got skewed big time because hubby lost his teeth jacket the time we went snorkeling. He tried to go deeper into the water and thus, sea water went into the mouth piece where he’s supposed to breathe. Thus, he took off the equipment and spew out the water and out came the denture. We had to go directly to the dentist the time we got back to Manila. Thus aside from expenses we had for the very short vacation that we had, we had to pay for that.

Prior to writing this entry, the devil was trying to make me decide not to write an entry altogether, making me think it’s shameful that we don’t have extra money, or making me think of posting my entry on my secret blog. Now I have to admit that I did think about that for a while. But then again what good would that do, when no one can read about how God saves us from our troubles and how God faithfully carries out His promises into our lives? Therefore, I’m thrashing my pride and sneering at the enemy for writing this entry. Above all I want to proclaim God’s faithfulness.

Given the circumstances I mentioned above, we are off to a difficult week if you look at it from the human stand point. With 5 days before pay day, expenses for the gas, my fare to and from the office, trip to the airport on Thursday to pick up my cousin and a lot of other things, how will one budget P1500? But I know my God will provide.

Our household helpers took a rest day today. Hubby and I could barely keep up with my son. Apparently, I no longer have the energy to cook dinner. I managed to cook rice though. But I forgot to thaw the meat in the fridge, besides, the meat we have was for tomorrow’s viand. I don’t want to open canned meat since those have lots of preservatives, besides I miss eating vegetables. So I asked hubby to walk with me and bring along our kid. We went to my aunt (dad’s half sister) who happens to live on the next street. We asked them if we could possibly get some camote tops (sweet potato leaves). Hubby who doesn’t eat veggies, was resigned to having canned meat for dinner. But the great thing about it was that my aunt aside from telling us we can go ahead and get some camote tops from their yard, gave us a large roll of chicken embutido (home made luncheon meat with raisins and quail eggs). It made me smile that God doesn’t want my hubby to have canned meat again. But other than that it made me praise Him for his miraculous provision for us. Yes, God still makes miracles. 

No comments: