Monday, April 13, 2009

a Miracle

Last Saturday, God gave me the blessing to pray for one of my trainees in Cebu. Prior to his actual certification date (was originally Wednesday of last week but was moved to Saturday), he was already corresponding with me via SMS to let me know that he's actually feeling demotivated due to personal reasons. His father has been in a coma for more or less 2 months now. He's torn between his ill feelings towards his dad and the love that he has for him as a son. He is confused and sad and he was afraid to go through certification thinking that his current situation will make him automatically fail his certification.

Through God's grace I told him to talk to his dad, even if he's not conscious. To let his dad know all about the things that he's been holding against him, forgive him and release him from all those things. He said he'll do it.

Last Saturday, after we finished with one certification proficiency and before we started with his second certification (it was conducted via videocon), he told me again of his current situtaion. The Holy Spirit led me to counsel him and pray for him. He agreed to accept Jesus as his personal Master and Savior. And then we prayed for healing for his father. In the past, with the old church we used to go to (where God took us out through His grace) there is a disclaimer right away when you pray for a sick person. They (the elders and leaders of the church) would pray for healing but then all too quickly in the same prayer, they would say that if it's God's will to take the person, then so be it. But God shed a light to that by telling us later on that He is a very specific God and whatever we tell him in prayer, that He will do provided its in accordance to His divine will. So God led me to pray for his father. The Spirit led me to say that we are specifically asking for his father's healing and that we know that God is all powerful and no one can stop him. And that we believe that he will do what we asked for, for we believe that this asking is in accordance to His divine will. The Lord did not let me utter that disclaimer, instead He's made me firm in my asking that we wanted healing for my trainees father.

Yesterday, whenever i remember them, i utter a prayer for him and his family. And yesterday afternoon, on our way to church, I got a message from my trainee. He said that his father is finally awake!!!

God is truly amazing! As the song says: He is mighty to save. The message in the churhc is also very timely - resurrection!

I praise God for His mighty display of power, let it be known that my God is a truly awesome God!

No comments: